Day 19: "Landslide" By Smashing Pumpkins

Filed under: by:

This song is a remake of the original song by Fleetwood mac. I chose this song with the smashing pumpkins because I first heard this song with them. I remember when I first moved to Berkeley and had to say goodbye to my parents and my brother, who was 3 years old at the time, I went into my empty dorm room to wait for my other two roommates. The only thing that went through my head was whether or not I made the right decision in leaving everything I knew to come to school.

This song came on and caused me to really think about what I was doing and how I am really afraid of changing. I started listening to music and this song came up on my itunes and it totally conceptualized my life into realizing that this is just a change I have to do. It made it a little easier to ease my emotions every time the vision of my brother crying in the backseat as my parents drove off the underhill parking next to my dorm came into my head. After I heard the song three times, I knew I made the right choice. I then started to watch a DVD in my computer and that was when DD walked in and my college life started.






still afraid of changes,

-DM

0 comments: