Day 26: "Heartless" by Kanye West

Filed under: by:

This is actually the first song I heard off his 808's and heartbreaks album. I have to admit, I didn't like it at first. But after listening to it more and more, i grew to love the song.

This songs reminds me of our Chicago Thankgiving roadtrip. I bought the album in Joliet, Illinois and every time I here this song, it brings back memories of that trip. This song is also special because I remember having long conversations with ER and how we both relate to this song because of the heartbreaks we have gone through, or the heartbreaks we administered. I will forever think about the connection ER and the rest of the crew shared during every heart to heart, cig break, late night venting, or drunken conversation.

It reminds me of the feeling I get every time someone has hurt me or every time I know I have hurt someone. Of the confusion people go through as they still try to love while knowing it will hurt.





so heartless,

-DM

2 comments:

On June 25, 2009 at 10:11 AM , Dannyoso said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
On June 25, 2009 at 10:12 AM , evelyn. said...

reminiscent of heartbreak, yes. but there is something beautiful about that as well..sweaaatieee.