Day 27: "The Seed 2.0" by The Roots

Filed under: by:

I enjoy this song very much. This is one of my top two The Roots songs, but the one that reminds me of a very special memory.

Summer of 2006, I went to visit a friend in Salinas CA and then we headed to Monterrey bay. It was about four of us on this trip. I do not remember ever laughing so much during a roadtrip. We went to a couple places out there in Salinas and then enjoyed a long hot summer day in the bay watching the animals and the sights of the ocean. I remember this song was on repeat because every in the car LOVED this song!
The best part about this trip is when we were leaving Salinas and my friend’s dad gave me a CRATE of strawberries! I had at least a fourth of the crate on the drive back by myself!

Here is to the Roots and for giving me this song to BLAST up and down the California!






Pushing my seed,
-DM

0 comments: