The X-Men Powers Machine!

Filed under: by:

When I was a little kid, my mom would always make me help her out around the kitchen. I remember seeing all the weird looking contraptions and funny looking raw foods that she would use. When I would be in vacation from elementary, she would wake me up every morning to help her in the kitchen. I remember I would wake up, brush my teeth, get dressed, and by the time I finally stumbled into the kitchen, still drowsy, she would have an array of fruits and vegetables for me. My job was to get these vegetables and put them into this funny looking machine my mom had. All I had to do was put the fruits and vegetables down the mouth at the top of the machine, push it down with a handle, and then juice would come out from the side. It always amazed me how simple this process was. My little kid Self was in awe at how something as solid as a carrot would liquefy into weird tasting juice. I remember my mom telling me the name of the machine, but my toddler mind was for too creative to call it a “Juice Extractor”. I decided to call it the” X-Men Powers Machine”. I would always pretend that the cut up vegetable and fruits were miniature X-Men with special powers. I would stick each little X-Men in the machine and then they would transform into liquid form and mix in a cup with the other X-Men. After all the little X-Men were mixed in the cup, it was my job to absorb all their powers by drinking up all the juice! I had lots of fun doing this. The more stuff I put in there, the more powers I would get.

As I grew older, sadly, the X-Men powers machine stopped working and forever stayed in my childhood. My mom never bought another X-Men power machine because, while fun for me, she thought eating the fruits and vegetables as they are was a lot less work. Obviously my mom did not understand the need for me to gain my mutant strength every morning.


Fast forward to January 20th, 2010.


I decided to go to Target after work. As I was walking throughout Target, I crossed through the kitchen appliances to get to the movies section. Then, as if it was calling my name, I saw a Juice Extractor aka X-Men power machine! As I stared at that X-Men power machine, it felt like I was imagining those poor little X-Men who gave up their lives to give me the strength to be a super mutant when I was a kid. After picking up a cool movie, I stormed to the checkout line with my X-Men power machine.

I quickly got home, cut up all the fruit that I thought would go bad in the next couple of days. I cut up the fruit into little small X-Men mutants and surely, their powers dripped down to the small cup. I made a Clementine, pineapple, and apple juice! I felt those mutant powers flow through me. The next morning, I woke up earlier than usual to make another juice. This time, I got a lot more creative: Cucumber, green apple, oranges, carrots, spinach, and celery!

Tonight, I plan on going to the grocery store and buying as many little X-Men to create even more powerful juices!


Regaining my Mutant powers,

-DM

0 comments: