Coming Soon To A Theatre Near You!

Filed under: by:

It’s a new year and the Academy Awards are only 3 months away!

Every year around this time, instead of getting excited about fulfilling new year’s resolutions (that I tend to forget about around March), I get excited about movies. The wintertime may not seem like the ideal time to go to the movies since most of the big blockbuster films come out in the summer, but this is where it all begins for me. From now until the academy awards, I try to see all the amazing movies that were nominated for the awards I care about. After the Award show I get ready for all the spring and summer flicks. After the summer, I try to catch up on any movie I was not able to see and any other new one that caught my attention.

Yesterday I had a conversation with my roommate about the movies coming out this year. We both came to a realization that the lineup for this year is nowhere on the same level as the lineup from last year. I do not see the 2010 movie season comparing anywhere near the caliber of “Milk”, “The Wrestler”, “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button” and “Slumdog Millionaire”, just to name a few. But of course, this is exactly what I said last year about the 2009 movies.

After much research, I have created an initial list of movies that I plan to see in 2010. Below is the list of movies in no particular order. It is a mix of big blockbusters, low budget films, romantic comedy, action thriller, comedy, childhood remakes, and guilty pleasures. You are more than welcomed to come with me!

-The Book of Eli
-The Bounty Hunter
-Grown-ups
-Salt
-Robin Hood
-Valentines Day
-My own love song
-Little fockers
-The A-team
-Alice in wonderland
-Love and other drugs
-The Expendables
-Get him to the Greek
-The green Hornet
-Iron Man 2
-I love you Phillip Morris
-We want Sex
-Jackass 3D
-Predators
-Wallstreet 2: Money never sleeps
-Shrek forever after
-Toy Story 3
-Stay Cool




Getting ready for the popcorn diet,

-DM

0 comments: